kids2move – Integrative networking system for the optimization of accompanied routes
Starting point / motivation
A sustainable change concerning traffic and mobility behaviour can only be achieved, if the rethinking process in this regard is already taking place from early years on, so that new patterns and innovative possibilities can be developed and offered. The project kids2move starts off with this awareness.
Contents and goals
- to achieve a sustainable influence concerning the awareness- and decision-making process of the choice of means of transport.
- to open up fixed patterns regarding individual motorized traffic and to establish new patterns of traffic behaviour.
- to discover unused potentials, individual options regarding “active mobility” in the context of accompanied routes shall be pointed out.
- children should be given equal opportunities regarding knowledge and benefits of different means of transport.
A vital methodical aspect is to:
- involve all relevant groups of people (parents, the children themselves, caretakers, the kindergarten management and so on).
Furthermore (and for the first time in Austria) the theoretical potential of optimising accompanied routes will be acquired. “Theoretical potential” is defined as the amount of routes, which can be reduced by using a cross-linking system. This will on one hand be achieved by shifting to environmental friendly modes, and on the other hand by improving the efficiency of individual motorized traffic (e.g. carpooling).
Results and Conclusions
The developed integrative networking system for the optimization of accompanied routes should be based on previous experiences and consists of two parts:
- the offline-part, which should provide all participants with tools in order to gain confidence in one another
- the online-part, as a networking tool, which should support the getting to know process as much as the technical planning of the accompanied routes.
- DI Dr. MA MSc Alexander Neumann, netwiss (Projektleitung)
- Mag. Girts Piruskins, pn-venture GmbH
- Bakk. Nikolaus Schinagl, one's own
- Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Regine Gerike, Universität für Bodenkultur Wien – Institut für Verkehrswesen
- Mag. Birgit Greiner, Greiner Pancot 5 Sinne
- Mag. Karin Ausserer, FACTUM Chaloupka & Risser OHG
DI Dr. MA MSc Alexander Neumann
Tel.: +43 (699) 10110950