R&I Mobility Strategy
Target vision: Mobility R&I Vision for 2040
By 2040 ...
... Austria has mastered the challenges of transitioning to a sustainable, climate-neutral, and inclusive mobility and transport system in its urban and rural areas.
... Austria's research, technology, and innovation players have made a key contribution to sustainable development, to ensuring a high quality of life and fostering high competitiveness and a robust labour market in Austria.
... innovations from Austria will be recognised as leading and solicited all over the world.
Mobility R&I Mission for 2040
BMK intends to pursue the following mission to achieve the vision outlined above:
- We take the necessary research and innovation policy steps to implement a sustainable, climate-neutral, and inclusive mobility system by 2040.
- We thus address relevant technological, structural, and organisational developments and necessary behavioural changes in the economy and society.
- We develop instruments and measures to support the necessary economic, industrial, and mobility-related structural transformation in Austria and Europe in a targeted and effective manner.
- We shape the coordination and dialogue process between the business and scientific communities, civil society, policymakers, and the public administration in a national and international context.
Four mission areas as guiding principles
Cities: Promoting climate-neutral urban mobilityStädte
Regions: mobilising and sustainably connecting rural areas
Digitalisation: efficient and climate-friendly operation of infrastructure, mobility, and logistics services
Technology: developing environmentally friendly transport technologies
- R&I funding
- Exploration Spaces
- Alliances and implementation partnerships
- European and international positioning
Detailed information on the four mission fields and a description of the measures can be found in the R&I Strategy Mobility brochure.